As Retail Planning and Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for procuring merchandise assortments for Retail and eCommerce channels of the business. You will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging market trends, and establish sound and fundamental assortment and replenishment strategies. A key component of the position will be managing all inventory planning functions for the North American business. You will oversee the retail buying, assortment planning and procurement, inventory, open to buy, pricing, markdowns, and GM ROI for the Company’s seasonal apparel range. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Retail, and is a full-time, exempt position.
● Direct and oversee all inventory planning activities for the North American retail and eCommerce business.
● Plan company sales, inventory, markdowns, turn rates, fill rates, gross margins and lead times.
● Develop and create reports to track and monitor results, and make presentations/communicate to the management team.
● Developing inventory strategies to support category sales plans that maximize margins and inventory turns to meet company goals and objectives.
● Develop and implement a Buy Matrix which will be the basis for the merchant / buying process.
● Lead on Open to Buy and review trends to react accordingly to market movement.
● Be proactive in instituting process for quick fill-ins.
● Develop and maintain all merchandising performance reports for key financial components.
● Ensure timely communication of key timelines, deliverables and expectations to cross-functional team members.
● Analysis of quantitative & qualitative data.
● Understand operational processes and interpret data to develop actionable inventory recommendations and strategies.
● Create and organize work/process to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
● Utilize information analyzed to course correct future inventory initiatives.
● Monitoring and analyzing market trends to capitalizing on market opportunities and create high-profit, innovative plans and solutions to realize an industry leading GM ROI.
● Expert level Excel skills.
WHO YOU ARE
You are someone who is passionate about fashion and merchandising, with an interest in apparel. You are active and outgoing, a team player, and an instigator of fun and company culture. You are an experienced buyer and inventory planner in the retail and/or eCommerce space, and a serious numbers person.
You have had specific experience in the following:
This position will require relocation to Atlanta, GA.
If you have the experience and are interested in pursuing this career path, please send your resume/CV in PDF format to corpuz@RISEinc.us with "Retail Planning and Merchandising" in the subject line.
This Southern California Company provides integrated apparel product development and manufacturing solutions to global brands via a supply chain platform spanning three continents (North America-Asia-Africa) that allows them to offer their client companies high quality products at very competitive prices.
The Company believes in a higher standard of sustainability than the norm and strive to set an example within the industry as to how to treat workers, support their communities, and operate in an environmentally conscious manner.
With an established apparel factory in Africa, currently employing over 1,500 workers (approx. 70% women), the Company has produced over 10,000,000 garments over the last three years and is currently producing over 100,000 per week for export to the US. The Company plans to more than double the workforce and production capacity over the next three years, while also expanding production capabilities to include printing, embroidery and potentially knitting of fabric.
Having established an efficient and cost effective Product Development, Sourcing, and Manufacturing platform, the Company is now expanding its services vertically to include Brand/Program development and full retail execution. Our plan is to execute this vertical expansion in two phases.
The Company is seeking a President of Brand Operations who will be in charge of 1) building and 2) running the Company’s Brand Division and all its related services. This role must build a lean yet highly effective organization to manage:
Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of brand management, licensing, and/or corporate partnership experience at an executive level, preferably in the apparel industry.
This position is based in Southern California. No candidates will be considered who require remote working conditions.
Interested candidates please send CV/resume in a PDF format to corpuz@RISEinc.us with the words "BRAND PRESIDENT" in the subject heading.